Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 5: Amsterdam, Holland

THURSDAY MARCH 26, 2009

It was raining today. Not very convenient. Not very fun either. Today I walked around the city. I walked to the flower market. Here they sold tulip bulbs. So many stalls. All the stalls sold only flowers, nothing but flowers. Haha...

Flower market.

Then went to 2 art museums. Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum. Saw many paintings, learned about the various painters and their life. Did not take many pictures because I was too absorbed by the paintings.

I also went to the Anne Frank house. It was really a sad story. She did not survive to see the liberation that she was hoping for. But I think this house really does send a message to us all. To enjoy the freedom that we have.

After the rain subsided, I took the canal cruise. It was fun. They showed us various bridges that connects the streets and also some popular buildings in Amsterdam. Among the bridges was this bridge. The Skinny Bridge. Really that is the name of this bridge.

Skinny Bridge.

For dinner, I ate at Boom Chicago, a stand up comedy place. I have been to Second City here in Chicago, and Boom Chicago in Amsterdam is their sister production. I had a great time there. The jokes were funny and I was part of their skit too! OMG! It was really embarrassing, but I got a free drink on the house. Is it worth it? I guess the experience is good enough. Haha... I had my five minutes of fame. =)

Night ended great and I headed back to Hotel Mozart for a good night rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment