Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 3: Brussels, Belgium

TUESDAY: MARCH 24, 2009

Woke up at 9am today and had my complimentary breakfast at the hotel. I had all the pastries I never had here in Chicago there. =) Happiness. After breakfast, headed out to the The Grand Place.

The Grand Place.

After taking enough pictures, I headed to Manneken Pis. There are many stories related to this famous statue of Brussels, I have no idea which one is betul. Haha...

Manneken Pis

Then, it was time to go for museums! I went to this museum which was built on an old palace. So, basically there was another world underneath the roads and buildings on top. The best part is, we can go to the undergrounds to see the remains of the old palace.

This is the ceiling of the old palace, underneath the museum.

This place is scary and dark. I went down there alone and I got scared, that I would get lost down there and nobody would save me. So I went back up, to the museum and waited for someone to go down with. Along came Diana, and I asked her if I could walk with her down there. Diana is from Columbia and she is also traveling alone, like me! =)

We ended up spending the day, sightseeing together. I got to know more about her. Miss Diana is a student, studying psychology. Right now, she is studying English in London.

After the scary underground walk(which was not scary anymore thanks to Diana), we visited the Museum of Music Instruments together. =) I saw so many pianos!

The white and black keys are switched!

Piano with drawing.

We went to the Royal Palace. And I saw the guard change! Happy... My timing was great. Not that I planned for it. =)


Royal Palace.

In Brussels, every building looks like this.

Some random building by the street.

It was really beautiful. Also, on some designated walls, comic strip mural was painted. There are many comic murals throughout the city, but I did not get to see all of them.


Comic mural

We came across some parks and took many pictures.

Random park.

At the end of the day, we had dinner together. This is where we had dinner. There were so many restaurants here. It was crazy. We did not know which restaurant to go to. Also to make things worse, the menu were similar. Makes it even harder to choose.

Street with lots of restaurants.

And for dessert, we had the famous Belgian waffle! It tastes so good. I have no idea what they put in it, but it was great. So yummy! I want more. =(

Waffle with strawberries, whipped cream and caramel.

It was already 8pm, and we ended our journey together at the Grand Place.

This is how it looks at night.

That was the end of Day 3. Was indeed a very very happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment